- Audition blocks have been split and assigned, you should see your dancers name under each style they expressed interest in.
- If your dancer's name is not listed under a style they are interested in, please email Julie and we will make the necessary updates.
- If you are not able to make it to the audition your dancer is scheduled for, please contact Julie to set up a private audition. If you've already let us know of a conflict, you will receive a separate email with details.
- All auditions will take place at our Annex location (5991 Meijer Drive, #15, 16, 17, 18). Right down the street from our main building.
- All dancers should enter through Annex #17 Front Door. This door is marked with #17 and a Dance Etc. logo.
- Please make sure you are arriving 10-15 minutes early to allow time to put on your name tag and stretch out before the audition starts.
- Dancers ages 8 & under and brand new auditioning team members may have 1 parent walk them in, help put on their name tag, and wait with them until the audition begins. Parents will not be allowed to wait in the lobby during auditions.
- Dress code for auditions is all black attire - leggings, shorts, tank tops, sports bras, leotards, etc. Tights are allowed but not required.
- Dancers auditioning for Ballet should wear ballet attire (black leotard, pink tights).
- Hair should be cleanly pulled back into a pony tail or bun - bun is required for Ballet audition, with minimal jewelry.
- Please bring all of the appropriate dance shoes with you on audition day. If your audition covers a variety of styles, please bring all necessary shoes with you into the audition room.
Jazz Audition Combo
If you have a dancer new to teams that is auditioning on Sunday for Jazz, they should plan on performing this combo. Dancers can learn from the video or contact Julie to set up a time for your dancer to learn/review the combination.
Musical Theatre Audition
Dancers auditioning for Musical Theatre will find the songs being used for their audition listed below:
Saturday Musical Theatre Audition - Friend like Me (0:30-0:49)
Sunday Musical Theatre Audition - I Hope I Get It (0:37-1:34)
Dancers will be asked to act, and be taught a combo to the section of the song listed above. We suggest that dancers are familiar with the song before they attend auditions but it is not required.
Request to Return
Some dancers may be asked to return for another audition with a different group of students (possibly on a different day). If you are going to be asked to return, you will receive an email from me after all auditions have concluded that night. Please remember to check your email the evening after your scheduled audition.
You will not receive your audition results if you have a balance on your account. Results will be sent out some time after June 1st, and will include Summer Schedule and requirements, Fall/Spring Schedule and requirements, and more information on Team Intensive.